APA members with relatively clean driving records are eligible for auto and home group insurance with AVIVA – traders general insurance company through sound insurance services.
The home insurance program is available across Canada, and auto insurance in all provinces with private auto insurance.
Get a Free Auto or Home Insurance quote at APA Group Rates by calling or emailing our APA Contact at the number or email below.
Benefits of the program
- Preferred Auto and Home rates. Get a quote to see how much you can save
- 24 Hour emergency Claim service – seven days a week
- Optional – Six Star protection endorsement. Allows you to maintain your 6* rating after one at fault accident. (Certain conditions apply)
- Roadside assistance can be included for $50, providing three free service calls per year.
The following services are provided:
- Towing Service up to 25kms
- Flat Tire Service
- Battery Boost
- Fuel Delivery (cost of fuel is extra)
- Lockout Service
- Emergency Winching
- Trip Planning (one service per year)
These services apply to all users of the vehicle. Additional vehicles are
covered for $20 each. VIP roadside assistance available for an additional $25
- Home Discounts: New home, Alarm, Mature Citizen, Multi-line, Mortgage Free, & Loyalty
- Auto Discounts: Mature Citizen 50 +, retired drivers, multi-vehicle, loyalty, multi-line, anti-theft (Ontario only) short commute and Preferred Driver
- Free arbitration in case of a disagreement over the market value of your vehicle after a claim
- No interest or service charge on a 12 month payment plan
- In the case of a simultaneous claim on both your Traders property and auto policies, Traders waives the lower of the two deductibles
How to obtain a quotation:
- Do your research first. A quotation from your current insurer is a good place to start, particularly if you are about to change to a newer, more expensive vehicle. You may also choose for comparison purposes to obtain an online quote through Kanetix
- Be sure you are comparing apples with apples: same coverages, same endorsements. Do you currently receive a discount for having combined home and auto insurance, or more than one car on a policy? Keep in mind price is important but not the sole consideration.
- You can obtain an APA group insurance quote online (Details) or by contacting Sound Insurance – see contact information below.
Unless you’re looking for better service, the APA does not recommend you switch insurers for a few dollars’ difference. Residents of British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan cannot benefit from the group auto coverage, as these provinces have government-run auto insurance programs. However, group home insurance is still available. Residents of Quebec can purchase public liability and collision insurance through Randle Insurance, but personal injury is covered by the province’s government auto insurance plan.